CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weight Watchin' Day 1


This face explains it all!!! Who loves to diet raise your hands! You're all liars!!!!;-) So first of all, this is a picture of my son when he was about three months old. As you guessed from the picture he is not a happy camper, and today neither am I.
After over a year of horrible eating, poor exercise, and well the dreaded baby poundage I have decided to go back to Weight Watchers(R). January 2005 I first joined WW and I fell in love ,it was so incredibly easy, not to mention affordable. I chugged along losing on average 2+ lbs. a week and then around March 2005 it became very difficult to lose the weight. I would count my points very carefully and even double check them I could not figure it out. Well, on Easter Day I found out that I was pregnant-well, that explains the difficulty losing one stinkin', flippin' pound. I was actually very excited and a little nervous, but proceeded to tell Dh and he was thrilled.
I continued about my life have a very "healthy" nine months, eating everything that I could get my hands on, and by the time I had my sweet little boy (nov.2005), I had gained a whopping 30 lbs. Oh yes! Ladies and Gentlemen you read that right 30 big ones! Not to mention the fact that I wanted to nurse him as I had my older son, so pack on another 10-12 lbs. for the milk guns-not a pretty pic.
Well, today I thought that I would return to what has served me well in the past-WeightWatchers, WW as it will be referred to. I have done really well today, but I have to say that I am just no use to telling myself "no!" when it comes to food. That old adage that you are eating for two should be srticken from the books never to be mentioned again! It gives you a very false sense of what is an acceptable eating habit when you are pregnant. Of course, I cannot blame it all on old wives tales, I partly blame it on the cookie-pushin dealers at Toll House (R). What were you thinking putting cookie dough in a tube????? I would carry that stuff in my purse if I didn't fear salmonella poisoning so much-eek! Truth is, that I became complacent about my eating habits and didn't take the time to feed my body rather than my emotions. My first day at WW the group leader said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." I think that she was right and while it was a difficulty and sometimes hungry day I need to keep that phrase in my mind. I have a desperate need to be healthy for my children. I want to be presentable for my husband but I want to be present for my children. I think of all the americans who eat themselves into health problems that can totally be avoided and I feel a little sad. Time to stop being a statistic and start being who I know I really am. This is my journey...

No comments: