CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Twilight "the movie"



From this moment on the Twilight movie will be just referred to as, "the movie". I will say that I was VERY nervous to see the movie. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the books and they are soooooo good in my head that I was worried that I would have a difficult time divorcing myself from the book and its movie adaptation. That being said. The movie could have been better. They could have spent a little more money on special effects, not just CGI. The acting was good, don't get me wrong. The ENTIRE cast played their parts really well. For the most part you could see EVERY actor/ess as their character. I need to say that I didn't like some of the artistic liberties that they took. For example, James, Laurent, and Victoria don't kill a guard at the factory, and I was distracted by that. I know why they did it, but it just didn't sit well with me. I know, I know, tiny detail. At one point in the movie I started to wonder if for Stephenie Meyer watching this movie being made was a little like sending your firstborn off to Kindergarten. I would love to ask her that. I am not turned-off to New Moon and am looking forward to Jacob's transformation. Like I said good movie, would love to see them spend a couple extra bucks on special effects. The speed thing for Edward should look a little more flawless, imo! All the HP films have these outstanding effects and Twilight movies would definitely be elevated by this one factor. Oh! and I really liked the pace, regardless of what it left out, you'd be there all day if they were true to the book :-)

1 comment:

Glenn and Natalie said...

I've been wondering what you would think of it--I'm glad that you liked it! I agree with the artistic liberties that were taken...not my favortite! I hope that the success of the books & first movie lead to more $ for a better movie #2!