CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erin Go Bragh!!



Happy St.Patrick's Day friends! We hope that everyone has fun activities planned for the day. I'm breaking long-standing family tradition and NOT having corned beef and cabbage in the traditional form. I have instead decided on a making a version that is more acceptable to my picky eaters, and that is corned beef and cabbage in a calzone form. No red sauce, but they will "think" they are eating pizza. I pray that my Irish roots don't shrivel for the lack of giving them something so Irish-American in form. However, I am fairly sure that my ancestors had to adapt many a recipe to the change in availability and so forth :)

Jarom went to school today with a homemade Leprechaun trap. It was funny to watch him pull the string and laugh when he would catch something in the trap. I asked him what he would do with a Leprechaun if he ever caught one and he said, "play with it!" We had a quick lesson on the nature of a Leprechaun, and that ended the desire for a Leprechaun playmate. I am very interested to see what they do in honor of St.Patrick's Day at school. It should be fun. We have some activities planned for later, and I will post those pics tonight. In the mean time have a great day and to a special boy lucky enough to be born on this great day Happy Birthday to B.G.M who turns 8 today!!!! Mayn happy birthday wishes!
I sign off with an irish quote/blessing:

May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

No comments: