CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Little J turns 6!!







Not only did the Groundhog see his shadow last Monday, but Jarom turned 6!!! He was so pumped to say goodbye to 5 that he woke up at nearly 5:30 A.M. I wish I could find a way to emphasize the early nature of that wake-up call!! It was hard not to give in and let him tear into his gifts. Around 6:30 a.m. Jason came into the bedroom and gently nudged me to get up and I went downstairs to find one jazzed kid, so waking up was more fun seeing how excited he was. Jarom got a Nintendo DS, Mario Party game, and Michael and Sam also got him Star Wars Legos. He was so happy to get a DS. He has been begging for once since before Christmas. I was put off by the price, but then I started to think about how awesome our kids have been these last few months with Grammie's cancer, and we haven't had the same amount of quality time, so he won me over with good behavior. There is also a bonus for me, if he happens to have bad behavior the DS is the first to go. Let me tell ya that gets him in line FAST!!! He also got a suit for church from Grammie, money from my parents, a card filled with stickers (thanks G&N family :-)). He was a walking live wire ALL day. It was really fun to watch him beam! On saturday Jason took Jarom and five of his friends to the bowling alley. I couldn't stress over a party this year so thankfully the bowling alley was available. At the last minute we allowed Michael to go and he brought his friend E with him. She actually has a "real" name, but told me yesterday that she is just going to go by "E" when she goes to real school. Kids are to funny!!
Anyway, Jarom and his friends had a blast, and Jason had a good time too. I can't say enough good things about Jarom. He is such a bright child, with his fathers sensiblities. I thank God everyday for blessing me with him. I couldn't have asked for a better child to usher me into the world of Motherhood. I remember distinctly the moment he was placed on my chest after he was born. He lifted his head and his eyes were wide open as they made contact with mine. I felt a rush of fear, anxiety, and then the most calming sense of gratitude that I could be trusted with such a being. I wondered in my heart if I could really teach him anything. What did I have to offer something so perfect? I was blessed shortly after his birth to be able to put my newfound devotion to the test as Jason and I carefully attended to our sick newborn. For days Jason and I held him, never putting him down for more than 15 minutes. We rallied as his Bili levels climbed dangerously high, and celebrated as they finally fell below 15. It was in that time that I learned my love for Jarom was in its infantcy as well. As he grew I KNEW my love for him would flourish. It has. I think the bigger he gets, the bigger my heart gets. I hate to think of him ever getting to be to big for me. So for now, I will cheer him on as he takes on the world and cherish every kiss while its still okay to kiss mom good-night.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my number 1 !!!

1 comment:

Glenn and Natalie said...

What a beautiful tribute to motehrhood, and your sweet little boy!