CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 01, 2008

Major Tom to Poison Control!



How long have I been a parent now? Something like 5.75 years, 70 months, 2125 days, and so forth, you get the point right. Well, NEVER have I had to call Poison Control! Unnnnntillll today. Michael decided to bite on a glo-stick, and whaddya know, he bit right thorugh it. I didn't realize it until I saw all the glowing stuff on my carpet. I called poison control and Sandy was very nice. She offered to send me a packet on teaching my children not to drink yucky things...um...thanks! She added that the packet had stickers and of course I changed my tone. I was told that the stuff inside a glo-stick is a lot worse looking than it actually is harmful. I was advised to have Michael drink 4 oz. of fluid and all I had around was Diet A &W so that should teach him to never drink nasty stuff, right?? In the end all was well, but my streak of good luck in the Mr. Yuck department has been altered!