CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

That Explains A Lot ! ! !



Check out that beautiful Thyroid!!! It isn't mine. I forgot to ask Wendy to print mine, but this little gem is what I had scanned on Thursday. I guess I should back track a little. Since about September I have been experiencing dizziness, fuzzy thinking, headaches, and some other things. Finally, after my 30th b-day I decided that I should get this checked out. I went to the doctor and he ordered several tests. I later got a call from his receptionist that he wanted me to come back in. I went back in only to be told that I have no thyroid function and that my doctor wanted to rule out cancer. He suspected cancer, and I am happy to report that there is NO cancer. When I had my thyroid scanned they found two adenomas (clinically silent tumors). The largest measures 2mm so a biopsy isn't necessary at this time. I am feeling really good about my physicians plan of treatment. Currently, I am on meds and I will have my TSH checked again the beginning of February. The best part is that actually having a diagnosis explains why I have been having all these crazy symptoms that nothing seems to touch! I really LOVE modern medicine!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Now you'll get all skinny! I wish I had a thyroid problem!!! I'm glad you don't have anything bad though. How scary!

Jenn said...

I'm glad they're getting it taken care of, but sorry to hear you're going through this.

Glenn and Natalie said...

Hopefully the meds will make you feel like your in ship shape in no time! Ahoy!